Can't access user settings

bobby at math01.cs.upd.edu.ph bobby at math01.cs.upd.edu.ph
Thu Jan 20 10:23:31 GMT 2000

Hi,

I setup a Linux box as a WinNT  PDC for more than one
month now and everything went fine except that recently,
I noticed that one user account cannot change his
connection settings in Internet Explorer. When I open a
telnet session in his account, an error message will pop
up saying "Can't access user settings". Does this
problem have something to do with samba?

Until now my logon path is set to "\\%N\%U\profiles". I
know that this is incorrect but I just can't make

logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U

to work. WinNT always complain about "Roaming profile
not available, logging you to a local profile".
Can anyone who has success in this area help me, please?

-bobby