Authentication Questions

G. Naik gaurav at carroll.com
Wed Jan 19 00:10:46 GMT 2000

I currently have SAMBA_TNG, functioning as a PDC for a few of my NT
workstations.  I am using smbd and nmbd from MAIN, and the rest of the
daemons from SAMBA_TNG.  Currently, SAMBA is using standard /etc/passwd
authentication for my users.  However, I would like to use alternative
authentication schemes.  In our network , we currently use Kerberos5 for
all unix authentication.

I did some investigating...and I see the configure script for SAMBA_MAIN,
allows you to add options such as --with-krb5 and --with-pam.  However,
the SAMBA_TNG tree's configure script does that even have these options
available.  Does or Will Samba support authenticating against kerberos5 or
pam?  Also, where can I find some documentation on the ways Samba supports
PAM.

I do not need any "Account Management" features, such as being able to
view my users of USRMGR.EXE.

Thanks in Advance...

btw...SAMBA_TNG is working great for me...keep up the good work :)

---
Gaurav Naik ("g")       | C A R R O L L - N E T, Inc.
201-488-1332            | www.carroll.com