Samba as domain controller w/ ppp

Richard almric at home.com
Tue Jan 18 19:44:23 GMT 2000

I have a RH 6.1 server setup as the domain controller of a small
network.  I am currently using Samba 2.0.6. The server is sharing files
and client machines are able to logon to the domain and have the logon
script run just as it should.
The problem that arises is whenever I try to start any kind of ppp
connection.  I want the server to do dial on demand and have configured
it so the client machines will be able to access the web at any time.
After configuring both and making sure that both functions work fine
independently of each other I try and use them together.
The result, if a ppp connection is up, whether it's actually connected
to the ISP or waiting for someone to request a connection, the Samba
clients can no longer find the server as a domain controller.  I don't
get the message that the domain controller could not be found, I instead
get the message that the domain password was incorrect or login to
domain server is not allowed.  As soon as I take the ppp connection
down, I am able to login to the domain with no problems.  If I then
bring the ppp connection back up, computers already logged on to the
domain are fine, but no one else can login to the domain.

I'm completely stumped and have no idea where to go from here.  All help
is greatly appreciated.

Richard