Today's samba tng doesn't work properly

Greg Dickie greg at discreet.com
Tue Jan 18 19:30:22 GMT 2000

In my case I get all kinds of lsarpcd and samrd
processes until the process table is completely full and I need to reboot the
machine. This happens trying to join a machine to the domain. Not really sure
how to diagnose this one...

Greg

On 18-Jan-00 Lars Kneschke wrote:
> Elrond wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 11:37:14PM +1100, Lars Kneschke wrote:
>> > Hello!
>> >
>> > lsarpc and samrd are crashing, when i try to watch the shares in
>> > the network nei...(Netzwerkumgebung). The lasrpc and samrc got a
>> > signal 11 and somehow they get started new. This takes all the
>> > memory of the machine. I'll try to investigate it more.
>> Could you please check, whether you have got a "domain
>> group map" oder "local group map" that has got any
>> non-special entries?
>>
>> With special entry I mean "Domain Admins" or "Domain Users"
>> or "Domain Guests" or "Power Users" ?
> I have locadmin = "Administrators" in the "local group map"-file.
> With that samrd goes crazy! :-)
> If i have a empty "local group map"-file all is fine. I have also
> entry in the "domain group map"-file. But these make no problems.
>
>> and second, disable all maps ?
> If i disable all, nothing starnge happens.
>
> Cu
> --
> Lars Kneschke
> NetUSE Kommunikationstechnologie GmbH
> Siemenswall, D-24107 Kiel, Germany
> Fon: +49 431 386435 00  --  Fax: +49 431 386435 99

Greg Dickie
Just A Guy*
*from discreet (the logic is gone)
Montreal