Not *completely* relevant

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Tue Jan 18 06:03:56 GMT 2000

At 04:10 PM 18/01/2000 +1100, Matthew Geddes wrote:
>using something like PAM_SMB to
>authenticate the unix accounts is a good idea.

I have some 200 users sharing about 90 computers working like this. Seems
no difference from my other branch that does a more conventional login.

>So, do you trust the NT Authentication method over the Unix one?

How can you tell ??

>I realise that it will mean an increase in network traffic around my
>servers, but how much?

Certainly 'not much'. Make sure nameservers are capable, that can be a
bottle neck.

>Does this sound like a *really* stupid idea for some reason I have quite
>obviously overlooked?

If you have, so have I !

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au