Not *completely* relevant

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Tue Jan 18 05:15:13 GMT 2000

Hi guys,

I'm looking at having a single login/password for our users to access
mail, logging into the NT domain, proxy authentication and others. What
I'm after is your opinion on whether using something like PAM_SMB to
authenticate the unix accounts is a good idea. The PDC is Linux with
Samba-TNG as are all other servers bar one (NT). The load shouldn't be
enough to break it.

So, do you trust the NT Authentication method over the Unix one?

I realise that it will mean an increase in network traffic around my
servers, but how much?

Does this sound like a *really* stupid idea for some reason I have quite
obviously overlooked?

Thanks heaps,

Matt