mapping from NT users to Unix users. question.

Kevin Colby kevinc at grainsystems.com
Mon Jan 17 20:18:24 GMT 2000

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> or, do you really want user logs in as NTusername and accesses
> their [homes] share as \\server\NTusername?

As Greg said, since I would typically be trying to sync
names both ways, I wouldn't notice.  However, if anyone
ever didn't/couldn't have the same names, Unix names
would be horrible.  The users may try and connect to
the share, but not even know their unix account.  Why
would they?  Then you're back to providing NT->unix
mapping [homes] as an option.

I say, if you're going to talk the talk, you need to
walk the walk.  Use the NT names.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc at grainsystems.com