samba-tng: Cannot create trust account as admin.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Mon Jan 17 16:17:26 GMT 2000

hmmm..... that shouldn't be the case.

you're using "admin/pass" in the dialog box?

try removing the workstation trust account from private/smbpasswd.

check if it gets added, what the "flags" are set to.  it if says "[DW
]", let me know, i think i may still have a bug, there.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Greg Dickie wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Apologies if this is a known bug but I finally managed to get TNG working for
> me by zapping all the "private" files and recreating them. I seem to have
> domain admin. privileges and profiles are fine BUT if I want to join a
> workstation to the domain without using smbpasswd first (ie: just the NT
> dialog), it does not seem to work (it did in the old 2.1 code). It tells me my
> account does not have privilege. Any pointers to where I could start looking to
> debug this?
>
> Greg

> Greg Dickie
> Just A Guy*
> *from discreet (the logic is gone)
> Montreal
> (514) 954-7171
> greg at discreet.com

 ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals