samba-tng: Cannot create trust account as admin.

Greg Dickie greg at discreet.com
Mon Jan 17 14:08:05 GMT 2000

Hi,

  Apologies if this is a known bug but I finally managed to get TNG working for
me by zapping all the "private" files and recreating them. I seem to have
domain admin. privileges and profiles are fine BUT if I want to join a
workstation to the domain without using smbpasswd first (ie: just the NT
dialog), it does not seem to work (it did in the old 2.1 code). It tells me my
account does not have privilege. Any pointers to where I could start looking to
debug this?

Greg

Greg Dickie
Just A Guy*