[Re: win95 again]

S. Striker s.striker at striker.nl
Mon Jan 17 12:19:08 GMT 2000

Hi,

> heck, it seems obviously that I'm a little beginner...

Everyone has to start somewhere.

> The idea behind was to run two different SAMBA daemons listening to two
> different ports. the default port for the password encrypting NT PCs and
> another port for our noncrypting Win95 PCs. I've read all the descriptions
> about Registry entries to make NT use plain passwords and WIN95 to use
> encrypted one. The problem is that I'm not our PC administrator nor can I
> decide to change the password handling of the PCs. I just want to
> share the
> home directories of the users on our machines and make them
> accessible to both
> WIN versions.

What you could do is bind the two pairs of smbd/nmbd daemons to different
IP addresses. This way, the logon server for 95 has 1 IP and the logon
server for NT has the other one.
For running domain controller code for NT I would strongly suggest that you
run Samba_TNG.

Greetings,

Sander Striker