[Re: win95 again]

Roman Manz cmanz at netscape.net
Mon Jan 17 11:41:40 GMT 2000

heck, it seems obviously that I'm a little beginner...
The idea behind was to run two different SAMBA daemons listening to two
different ports. the default port for the password encrypting NT PCs and
another port for our noncrypting Win95 PCs. I've read all the descriptions
about Registry entries to make NT use plain passwords and WIN95 to use
encrypted one. The problem is that I'm not our PC administrator nor can I
decide to change the password handling of the PCs. I just want to share the
home directories of the users on our machines and make them accessible to both
WIN versions.
sorry for bothering

roman

Richard Sharpe <sharpe at ns.aus.com> wrote:
At 09:44 PM 1/17/00 +1100, Roman Manz wrote:
>Are there any tools to make WIN95 map a network drive on an alternate port?
>I've already searched the internet but found nothing useful.
>thank's

Say what? What do you mean an alternate port?

You mean, 1025 rather than 139?

A server can redirect to another port.  I don't think Samba generates
redirects, otherwise we could check if Win9x can handle them.

>roman

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course