profile & group map fail

Jens Skripczynski jens.skripczynski at igd.fhg.de
Mon Jan 17 10:55:25 GMT 2000

Lars Kneschke:
> Vladimir Stavrinov wrote:
[...]
> > 2. Group and user mapping don't work. This is form my smb.log file:
> >
> > [2000/01/13 18:05:52, 0] param/loadparm.c:map_parameter(1672)
> >   Ignoring unknown parameter "local group map"
[..]
> And my group mapping are working too. domain group map works like
> expected(Domain Administrator), only the local group map doesn't
> work like expexted. I can watch the groups with the usermanager,
> but i'm not able to change the clock(i'm in the Administrator
> group).
Luke reportet to me that all the maps have to be world readable.
(I think before they were put in the privat Directory).
So please check if all your files (and dirs above) are world readable.

Lars: can you put that in your FAQ ?

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
E-Mail: skripi at igd.fhg.de

Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working
properly if you open windows.