Installing Samba file server in Linux 6.1

Ingar Rune Steinsland ingar at c2i.net
Sun Jan 16 13:06:36 GMT 2000

Hi all,

I have recently installed a Linux computer in the office with an Apache web
server
and a Samba (v. 2.0-5a) Windows file server.

The installation process was not obvious for a Linux idiot like myself. The
RedHat
installation program together with "LinuxConf" failed to install Samba properly.

Therefore I have prepared a little document to be a "cook book" for myself the
next
time I will have to do the job. Perhaps some of you other guys could find my
documentation
of some interest too. My documentation is in plain ascii.

Regards,
Ingar

Ingar Rune Steinsland, Orkim Data AS, Kordahlvn 13, 1591 Sperrebotn,Norway
Tlf:  47+64856178/69288577/90055401/88001287              Fax: 47-69288353
email: ingar at c2i.net                   web: http://www.home.sol.no/~ingar/