TNG / inet_aton

Iain MacDonnell Dseven at Dseven.ORG
Fri Jan 14 21:36:05 GMT 2000

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton writes:
: > : the spoolss code doesn't handle the [printers] section correctly. You hav
+ e
: > : to define each printers as different sections.
: >
: > Not true, it seems, but it did point me in the right direction - I changed
: > my [printers] section to be browseable, and everything's fine again (ie
: > kryten appears in the toplevel when browsing the server, allowing me to
: > install it, etc).
:
: it worked???? you got printing to work with SAMBA_TNG???

Yup, printing from NT4 / SP5 works just fine, for a printer that's already
"Installed" on the client. There are some quirks with the services under
NN, as JF points out - the easiest way to get around this seems to be to
define a service for each printer, eg:

[kryten]
        comment = Service for printer kryten
        path = /usr/spool/public