regisrty rights

Glenn MacGregor gtm at oracom.com
Fri Jan 14 17:02:11 GMT 2000

Seth Vidal wrote:

> > You would think but when I run word for instance it tries to finish the
> > setup and part way through that I get an error saying:
> >
> >     Error 1925.  You do not have sufficient privs to complete this
> > installation for all users of the machine.  Log on as Administrator and
> > retry this installation.
> > Why is it trying to run the install for all users on the system?  Is there
> > any way to change this?
>
> There are (if I remember) 3 stages to the install. There is the "install
> bins", admin config and user config.
>
> are you sure you're not in the admin config section?
>
> try doing that part as an admin then login as a user (with a fresh
> ntuser.dat) and see if it still has a section to run.
>
> -sv

I have no idea.  I run setup from the cd as an admin user to install o2k.  Once
that is done reboot.  Log in as any user w/ or w/o admin privs and start word.
It brings up a dialog box that says installing o2k...  If that person has admin
privs it works fine, if that person doesn't have admin privs it fails with the
error reported in the last mail.  This is true for local users and domain
users.  It has to be a bug because if I do it as local users it fails the same
way.  I can't find anything on the microsoft web site about it.

        Thanks

                Glenn

--

Glenn MacGregor