Roaming profiles with 95/98 and NT clients

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Fri Jan 14 16:51:38 GMT 2000

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000 03:31:51 +1100, hai scritto:

>It does not map correctly the home directory under 95/98 but NT works
>fine.  Samba is mapping the profiles share as the home drive for 95/98.
>This is what I have in smb.conf (relevant sections only):
> Beforehand I used the roaming profiles in the home share with no
>problems at all.
>Any solution to this problem?
samba < 2.0.6
if you use a "logon  path" outside of the home share then "net use h:
/home" will incorrectly map to the profile share instead of the home
share.

samba-2.0.6
"net use h: /home" works perfectly but "logon path" is ignored if you
use a path outside of the home share.

It's said that samba-2.0.7 will fix both issues.

giulioo at pobox.com