Roaming profiles with 95/98 and NT clients

André Luiz Tietbohl Ramos andreltr at em.pucrs.br
Fri Jan 14 16:34:51 GMT 2000

Dear all,

Does anyone know how to make 95/98 clients to correctly map the home
directory?
It does not map correctly the home directory under 95/98 but NT works
fine.  Samba is mapping the profiles share as the home drive for 95/98.
This is what I have in smb.conf (relevant sections only):

[global]
  logon script = login.bat
  logon drive = h:
  logon path = \\%N\Profiles\%U
  logon home = \\%N\%U

[Profiles]
   path = /var/profiles
   browseable = no
   create mode = 0600
   directory mode = 0700
   writable = yes

[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /usr/lib/samba/etc/netlogon
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   share modes = no

The login.bat file has the following:

net use h: /home

Beforehand I used the roaming profiles in the home share with no
problems at all.
Any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

--