regisrty rights

Glenn MacGregor gtm at oracom.com
Fri Jan 14 16:05:28 GMT 2000

Seth Vidal wrote:

> >     I am trying to get profiles working and everything is looking good,
> > except I have office 2000 which on the first startup of each user
> > finishes the install of itself.  This is fine if the user is a domain
> > admin but if they are not then it fails saying I don't have right to do
> > this for everyone, try as administrator.  Does anyone know a way around
> > this?  Also is there a way to be local admin while logging into a
> > domain?
>
> That part of the o2k install should be hkcu modifications only and thus
> modifiable by the user. Do the users have write access to their user
> registries?
>
> -sv

You would think but when I run word for instance it tries to finish the
setup and part way through that I get an error saying:

    Error 1925.  You do not have sufficient privs to complete this
installation for all users of the machine.  Log on as Administrator and
retry this installation.

Why is it trying to run the install for all users on the system?  Is there
any way to change this?

        Thanks

                Glenn

--