smbclient messages to a specific user ?

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Fri Jan 14 02:14:22 GMT 2000

Kevin Colby wrote:

> Tavis Barr wrote:
> >
> > Could I make another request to the Samba developers, something along
> > these lines for the "It would be nice...." list?  It would be great if
> > there were a parameter specifying a file (like /etc/motd) that could be
> > sent out as a WinPopUp message to all machines after a successful login.
>
> How about using the users' logon scripts?
>
>         - Kevin Colby
>           kevinc at grainsystems.com

If you had Windows Scripting host on each machine (comes with win98 / NT +
IIS 4, available for Win32), you could have a little GUI box pop up for the
user. Windows Scripting Host allows you to use VBScript and JScript. There
was talk a while back for adding PerlScript support. Highly recommended ;-).

Matt