smbclient messages to a specific user ?

Tavis Barr tavis at mahler.econ.columbia.edu
Fri Jan 14 01:09:21 GMT 2000

Could I make another request to the Samba developers, something along
these lines for the "It would be nice...." list?  It would be great if
there were a parameter specifying a file (like /etc/motd) that could be
sent out as a WinPopUp message to all machines after a successful login.
Right now we do it through root preexec, but it comes up a little more
often than we'd like.  I suspect it wouldn't be too hard for someone
familiar with the Samba code to add in, but I'm not such a person.

With much appreciation,
Tavis