I cannot make it work :-(

Greg Dickie greg at discreet.com
Thu Jan 13 22:41:18 GMT 2000

Okay

TNG from about 6 hours ago.

./configure.devlopper
make
make install

/etc/init.d/samba start

smbpasswd -a -m tahiti   # tahiti is this machine - the PDC
smbpasswd -j DL_RDTEST   # The domain for which I want to be a PDC
smbpasswd -a -m edinburgh-nt   # my test workstation

now I try to join edinburgh-nt to the domain and i get:

Unable to connect to the domain controller for this domain. Have your
administrator check your computer account on the domain.

Don't see anything obviously bad in the logs but there are more of them now
(more daemons) so I might be missing it.

Any ideas would be most welcome, it's very frustrating as I've had a PDC
working since it was possible.

THanks,
Greg

Greg Dickie