TNG / inet_aton - W2K RC3 works a treat!

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Thu Jan 13 20:35:19 GMT 2000

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Mike Harris wrote:

> You guys are just great!
>
> I've successfully and happily created my Samba domain controller and joined
> a W2K RC3 machine to the domain.  Server Manager and User Manager works too!
> It's made me very happy! :-))

yes, fantastic.

by the way, nt5 joining-to-domains is MUCH more secure than nt4, they use
a totally random initial trust account password, whereas nt4 use
workstation_name_in_lower_case.

i'm so pleased with microsoft for doing this, however it's going to be a
bit awkward, coding-wise, i hear, to retro-fit the same thing into nt4.