WINS on SAMBA

Richard Ferris richard.ferris at ncn.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 14:39:19 GMT 2000

I'm currently using an NT WINS server that exists in another domain at one
of our other sites.  Problem is this box seems rather unreliable and when my
NT clients logon they regularly complain about the SAMBA domain not being
available.  I thought it would be a good idea to set-up WINS on the SAMBA
server but it did slow browsing right down.

I have another Origin200 for storing video so I may install SAMBA on it and
add it to the existing SAMBA domain as a WINS server to see how it performs.

Richard