TNG / inet_aton

Iain MacDonnell Dseven at Dseven.ORG
Thu Jan 13 12:42:15 GMT 2000

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the updates - I'll test tonight!

The main thing I like about TNG is that, aside from the inevitable development
bugs, it just works... this is the first time that I've been able to do all
the things that I want at the same time - domain logons, domain groups,
printing, etc - previously, I've only seemed to be able to do a subset with
any particular release before.

As for the daemon architecture, it seems to make a lot of sense. Aside from
being able to take individual services in and out of operation without
killing the whole server, not bundling all of those services into one
big daemon feels like a good move. Persumably it ought to run more effeciently
on larger (MP) servers, too ?

    ~Iain

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton writes:
: ian, it _used_ to use inet_aton(), matthew chapman fixed this this
: morning.
:
: profiles are now working, i fixed those this afternoon, it's a hack-job
: but it's the same hack-job as used for the past eighteen months (grep
: sam_logon_user */*.c)
:
: appreciate your support.  i'm curious: why do you like it?  i mean, you
: have to start 12 programs instead of 2, right?  [i know _my_ answer to
: this one, and it's not a logical one, so i'm really curious :) ]
:
: