New Microsoft Knowledgebase article

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Thu Jan 13 03:13:36 GMT 2000

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Marty Leisner wrote:

> The samba folks are well aware...and disturbed...(having been following
> the technical details)
>
> What is far more interesting is how easy it is to crash NT 4.0 machines
> which run netbios...I don't think microsoft has a knowledgebase article
> about that...(I have to see if it was fixed in nt 5)

there was a classic one in just _connecting_ to the NetBIOS session layer
in SP3 and below.

there are some _really_ nasty DCE/RPC ones.

i invented a new concept recenty that i'd like to share with you.  it's
called the BSOD.

that's, BSOD - black screen of death.  a problem so serious on windows nt
that it cannot even report the usual blue screen.