New Microsoft Knowledgebase article - OVER??

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Wed Jan 12 22:39:33 GMT 2000

Steve Cody wrote:

> To EVERYONE who has been whining about this issue all day on this same
> thread:
>
> As you can see by the response below, it takes serious replies, and serious
> emails to the right people to make things happen.

Yes it does. Assuming that they do actually care about there customers enough
(given the Windows NT / Windows 2000 flaws, I'm not sure that they do).

> A bunch of complaining,
> whining, OS bashing doesn't do anything but boost your ego.  There has
> always been one thing you could tell about Linux lovers...  About 90% of
> them are fanatics, and the remaining 10% get things accomplished.

Bollocks. I have found that most Linux lovers do so because they actually enjoy
using software that works (I have had less than a dozen major Linux crashes,
etc. - they were all either massive H/W failure or my fault). There is vast
amounts of Unix-bashing that go on in the NT camp (those that know what it is
anyway).

> How many
> RAVING Microsoft fanatics are there out there?

Plenty. I have read articles in many magazines that give Linux a "bad review".
I have heard things like: Linux doesn't come with any diagnostic / monitoring
tools, whereas Windows NT gives you everything you'll ever need for free. Just
because you haven't heard it, doesn't mean it don't exist.

Personally, I make MANY complaints about some Microsoft products and they way
they run their company. Yet it is all still founded. I complain about the
design of the System Registry, DLL version conflicts (which are the single
biggest cause of Windows dying) and a heap of other things. I don't see this as
OS bashing. I make complaints about Sun Microsystems too (although not as many)
as well as various Linux vendors.

Matt