Problem with samba domain users.

Long Doan ldoan at knowledgeplanet.com
Wed Jan 12 20:54:43 GMT 2000

Well, you got further than I did:

>smbpasswd -j ENGINEERING
Joining Domain as PDC
error connecting to <ip>:445 (Connection refused)
<smbpasswd hangs here, require a ^C>

As far as I can tell, there is nothing listening on port 445. What
additional parameters do I need to add to smb.conf to get this to work?

My smb.conf:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from long.mindq.com (207.78.128.20)
# Date: 1999/10/01 12:54:21

# Global parameters
 workgroup = ENGINEERING
 netbios name = RA
 server string = %h server (Samba %v)
 encrypt passwords = Yes
 map to guest = Bad User
 null passwords = Yes
 security = user
# password server = MQS1
 passwd program = /bin/passwd %u
 passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Re-enter*new*password* %n\n
*successfully*changed*
 username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/smbusers
 unix password sync = Yes
# dfs map = /usr/local/samba/lib/dfsmap
 log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
 max log size = 50
 time server = Yes
 deadtime = 15
 socket options = TCP_NODELAY
 local group map = /usr/local/samba/lib/local.map
 domain group map = /usr/local/samba/lib/domain.map
 domain user map = /usr/local/samba/lib/domainuser.map
 logon path = \\ra\%U\profile
 logon drive = U:
 logon home = \\ra\%U
 domain logons = Yes