New Microsoft Knowledgebase article

Pedro Miguel Frazao Fernandes Ferreira pfrazao at ualg.pt
Wed Jan 12 18:14:43 GMT 2000

Hi All,

Benjamin Hyatt wrote:

> Ha ha , you guys/gals crack me up.
> Most "NT Admins" wouldn't know how to setup DNS on a Unix box to save their
> life.
> While we are on the subject of M$.....
> Has anyone been following M$'s SFU (services for UNIX)?
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu
>
> Interesting....

	Not so much. The only thing I tryed to use (in the ancient days we had an NT
server) was M$ telnet server. The version we ran kept crashing when a second
user accessed the service.
	In the issue of interoperability between Unixes and Windozes I strongly
believe SAMBA is the way. It will be much more painfull to provide Win with
"reliable" Unix style services than the opposite way.

Pedro

--
The ideas or conclusions in this message dont necessarily reflect those from
the institution providing my email adress. They are my own ideas and all the