New Microsoft Knowledgebase article

Paul Rogers paul.rogers at mis-cds.com
Wed Jan 12 16:57:37 GMT 2000

Sorry about having to reply to my own post but you will need
to restart the samba service after editing the smb.conf by either:

login as root
edit the /etc/smb.conf (details below:)
run: testparm smb.conf to verify that the new config file is
ok. If not, re-edit the file and test again.

Red Hat systems & Linux systems that run samba from the
/etc/rc.d/init.d directory:

run: /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb restart

other systems that don't run samba from /etc/rc.d/init.d directory:

run the attached script on the samba server (will require
transferring to any area on the samba machine) by typing:

chmod 755 killdm ; ./killdm smbd

This will re-load samba with the new configuration.

HTH,

Paul Rogers,
Development Analyst.

MIS Corporate Defence Solutions Limited

Tel:		+44 (0)1622 723422 (Direct Line)
		+44 (0)1622 723400 (Switchboard)
Fax:		+44 (0)1622 728580
Website:	http://www.mis-cds.com

The information contained in this message or any of its
attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee. If you are not the
addressee any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other
dissemination or use of this communications is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please contact our Security Manager on 44 (0) 1622 723400.