New Microsoft Knowledgebase article

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Wed Jan 12 13:22:11 GMT 2000

this is because people xxxx up the samba installation by puttting "domain
master = yes" and "domain logons = yes" when there's already a PDC on the
network.

anyone that's stupid enough to do this deserves to have their samba server
switched off, as suggested by the KB article.

it would be better if the article suggested the likely cause, which is
that there are two PDCs on the network.  regardless of the fact that one
of them is a samba server, you _cannot_ have two PDCs for the same domain.
this is very easy to do if you do not bother to use the same WINS server
or bother to use a WINS server at all.  so, like i said, anyone who is
stupid enough to do this does not deserve to have _any_ computers on their
network.

can this be addressed, scott?  the KB article applies just as much to
having two NT PDCs as it does to having mixed samba/nt pdcs.

luke