New Microsoft Knowledgebase article

Karl Denninger karl at Denninger.Net
Wed Jan 12 02:33:36 GMT 2000

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 01:16:55PM +1100, Paul Allen wrote:
> Karl Denninger wrote:
>
> > How about:
> >
> >         Format your disks, install Linux or FreeBSD, and tell Microsoft to
> >         go fuck themselves with a football - preferrably to the same
> >         regional sales force that sold you the NT crapware in the first
> >         place?
> >
> > I hate corporate arrogance - especially this kind of arrogance.
> >
> > This kind of bullshit is PRECISELY what the US DOJ was after when they threw
> > the whole library (instead of one book) at Microsoft.
>
> I hope someone who *knows* the right answer will set Microsoft
> straight, but please don't allow this much of your passion to show.
> We as a community have a reputation for shoot-from-the-hip profanity-
> filled flamage in response to stupid attacks on Linux.  It doesn't
> make us look very good.  Well-reasoned fact-based correction of
> error always works much better.  'Nuff said.

I understand what you speak of but must respectfully disagree.

This kind of thing - "remove the piece we didn't sell you from your network"
- went out of favor when IBM's monopoly on hardware and software was broken
up in the mainframe world.

We cannot allow it to occur here.  A few thousand copies of *Not Tested*
thrown back at their direct sales force (who get REALLY pushy with corporate
folks) would have a rather serious impact back in Redmond in a big hurry.

> Also, the book has not yet been actually thrown at Microsoft.  One
> of my Microsoft stockholding friends even told me with a straight
> face that nothing has been proven yet.  I had a good laugh, but the
> fact remains that the trial is not over yet, and there will be an
> appeal.  I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, those findings of fact were just random musings :-)

> I figure if the government and
> Microsoft keep each other busy long enough, Linux will have plenty
> of time to achieve world domination.  (No smileys here.  I'm dead
> serious.)

Solve the application interoperability problem for non-Microsoft software
and the issue will disappear in a day.

Yes, that means reverse-engineer whatever is necessary to have Winblows
application software install and run on Linux.

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
a plan to do exactly that!