New Microsoft Knowledgebase article

Paul Allen paul.l.allen at boeing.com
Wed Jan 12 02:13:31 GMT 2000

Karl Denninger wrote:

> How about:
>
>         Format your disks, install Linux or FreeBSD, and tell Microsoft to
>         go fuck themselves with a football - preferrably to the same
>         regional sales force that sold you the NT crapware in the first
>         place?
>
> I hate corporate arrogance - especially this kind of arrogance.
>
> This kind of bullshit is PRECISELY what the US DOJ was after when they threw
> the whole library (instead of one book) at Microsoft.

I hope someone who *knows* the right answer will set Microsoft
straight, but please don't allow this much of your passion to show.
We as a community have a reputation for shoot-from-the-hip profanity-
filled flamage in response to stupid attacks on Linux.  It doesn't
make us look very good.  Well-reasoned fact-based correction of
error always works much better.  'Nuff said.

Also, the book has not yet been actually thrown at Microsoft.  One
of my Microsoft stockholding friends even told me with a straight
face that nothing has been proven yet.  I had a good laugh, but the
fact remains that the trial is not over yet, and there will be an
appeal.  I'm not holding my breath.  I figure if the government and
Microsoft keep each other busy long enough, Linux will have plenty
of time to achieve world domination.  (No smileys here.  I'm dead
serious.)

Paul Allen
--
Paul L. Allen           | voice: (425) 865-3297  fax: (425) 865-2964
Unix Technical Support  | paul.l.allen at boeing.com
Boeing Phantom Works Math & Computing Technology Site Operations,
POB 3707 M/S 7L-68, Seattle, WA 98124-2207