rookie help, please

Tavis Barr tavis at mahler.econ.columbia.edu
Wed Jan 12 01:19:49 GMT 2000

Another approach, if you're worried about too much reconfiguration, is to
turn down the os level to something that won't override the NT servers,
like 20.  You should also make sure you have domain logons = no unless there
are users logging onto your Samba box, and that domian master = no.

Good luck,
Tavis

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Gordon Steven-QSG001 wrote:

> Try adding:
>
> local master = No
>
> to your smb.conf file.

>     __/   /       _     __            |
>   /_     /      /__ /  /__    /__ /   |             MOTOROLA
> _/     ____/  _/  _/  ___/  _/  _/    |
>           Steve Gordon                |   Cellular Infrastructure Group
>          (817) 245-6811               |  Information Technology Services
>       qsg001 at email.mot.com            |

Tavis Barr                           ,-~~-.___.
Senior Systems Coordinator          / |  '     \
Institute for Social and Economic  (  )        0
   Theory and Research              \_/-, ,----'
509E Int'l Affairs Bldg                ====           //
Columbia University                   /  \-'~;    /~~~(O)
212-854-4237                         /  __/~|   /       |
tavis at mahler.econ.columbia.edu     =(  _____| (_________|