LDAP

Inge-Håvard Hunstad inge at cc.uit.no
Tue Jan 11 09:58:01 GMT 2000

Cynthia LaPier wrote:

> Some of the Samba documentation refers to an install "with LDAP" could
> someone please tell me how I do this??? I want to have mail users
> authenticate against an NT LDAP server. Thanks for your help. CLP

A good place to start is the Samba-PDC LDAP howto made by Ignacio
Coupeau:
http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb-howto.html

I would also recomend this LDAP faq for general LDAP info:

I have a question for you: How does your mail users relate to samba? As
I understood it the ldap server answers on a specific port. As long as
your machine are allowed to speak to the machine, where the LDAP server
is located, on this specific port you shouldn't need to worry about the
operating system the the server is running under. Please correct me
someone if I'm wrong.

Regards,

  Inge-Håvard