DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Mon Jan 10 22:13:32 GMT 2000

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > Surely installing Samba can be classed as improving the efficiency and
> > security of Windows NT ;-)
>
> yep: page 1, paragraph 2.
>
> hee hee :)

*That* late in the book. I would have thought that it would have been the
book.....

Simon, I have seen other (truly) independent tests - I think ZDNet did
some. They all say that Samba / Linux is up to 2.5 times better than NT at
it's own job. Windows NT is a little better than Samba for up to 16 users
and then it tends to go rapidly downhill. He He He.... I'll try and dig up
some links....

Matt