Roaming Profiles

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Mon Jan 10 19:56:08 GMT 2000

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >
> > this will be because 2.0.6 was never intended to be a PDC.  i actually
> > removed the PDC code at one point, and jeremy put it back.
>
> This is nothing to do with PDC support. This is a profiles
> problem that also bites Win9x clients.

probably - i read emails so fast (lots of them) i misunderstood this
message.  jean-f had to point out to me that it was a win9x issue :)

> Also, if I hadn't put it back in we wouldn't have a working
> RPC layer (needed for NT browsing and printing) or NT change
> password support in 2.0.x - both of which we need.

i took NETLOGON out, and i don't think i had NT password change at that
point.  i left lsarpc, srvsvc and spoolss in, so that it could be a domain
member and nothing else.  remember?

> Stop moaning :-).

oh, all right then :)