Domain admins

Stephen Waters swaters at amicus.com
Mon Jan 10 17:27:40 GMT 2000

"Mike.Robinson" wrote:

> Perhaps I was at fault having more than one user name (mike and miker) assigned
> to a single uid - although both refer to one (physical) user. I've changed this
> now, giving miker a different uid to mike. That seems to solve the problem.

this functionality can be extremely useful. for instance, some of our
programmers need root level access to get to some of the logs so we have
a root equivalent account called "rooter". only a few select people have
the true root passwords and they are changed very frequently. if the
rooter password is suspected to have been compromised, it is simple to
disable it and still have root functioning properly.

mind you, if they've already installed root-equiv backdoors and whatnot
then this is not so useful... but back to samba, it would be nice if
samba could understand multiple names referring to the same UID.

-s