Adding machine to Samba NT Domain

James D Roman romanjd at udmercy.edu
Mon Jan 10 16:03:04 GMT 2000

Hello all,

I know that their are articles on this in the archives, but
I am having no luck in following the links in the archive
search. How do you add a machine to a Samba NT domain. I
have a group of NT workstations which I would like to
connect to a Samba domain. I beleive that I have configured
the server correctly to act as the PDC for the domain, but
when I try to add the machine to the domain in the NT
workstation network applet, I get a number of different
errors. If I try to add it, with out supplying a username
and password, it states that the machine needs to be added
to the domain. When I try to supply a password, root or an
administrative password, I get errors that the username
password is invalid or doesn't exist.  TIA for your help.

James D. Roman
Network Administrator
School of Architecture
U of D Mercy