WinNT Server logins into a Samba PDC

Michael Mess michael at kawo2.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jan 10 13:06:11 GMT 2000

Does an error appear like "Login incorrect" or does just the login
prompt appear again after a few seconds?

If the second of both appears, this seems to be a permission problem.
One important file does not have enough rights to be accessed to. This
might happen if some files are installed on a domain administrator
account which does not further exist and is not known by the system
anymore.
To solve that problem, take ownership as a local administrator and set
the access rights so that everybody can read important program-files
like explorer.exe and DLLs.

Then check, if domain users are allowed to login at these NT machine.

Greetings, Michael