samba domain

Doug Breshears breshear at eoni.com
Sun Jan 9 18:45:27 GMT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Lars Kneschke <lars at kneschke.de>
To: Multiple recipients of list SAMBA-NTDOM <samba-ntdom at samba.org>
Date: Sunday, January 09, 2000 9:43 AM
Subject: Re: samba domain

>documentation exists at my homepage under
>http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng. Another point is, that the
>windows nt workstation can't join the domain. This is not possible with
>samba-2.0.6. Only windows 9X can join this domains. Look at my homepage,
>to find out, what you need, to get this work.

This is not true, 2.0.6 will allow NT 4.0 SP4 machines to join the domain, I
have 2 networks running right now on 2.0.6 with nothing but NT4 clients and
nothing but samba server.

And No, with 2.0.6 you do not have to add the server with smbpasswd, only
with
the new PDC support and that software is still "non stable", 2.0.6 is the
latest
"stable" distribution.

Other than the advice lars gave I would make sure the NT clients TCP/IP
properties
were set up correctly.

Doug Breshears