samba domain

Lars Kneschke lars at kneschke.de
Sun Jan 9 17:32:20 GMT 2000

Nils Ohlmeier wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Margarita Parker wrote:
>
> > I have installed samba 2.06 on solaris and I have configured it using
> > swat.
> > I added the  workstation_name$ to the etc/passwd file with no password
> > I ran smbpasswd -a -m workstation_name
> >
> > When I try to join the domain with my NT 4.0 workstation it tells me :
> >
> > "Unable to connect to the domain controller for this domain.  Have your
> > administrator check your computer account on the domain."
>
> Did you ran smbpasswd -a -m server_name also?
> When i tryed to setup an PDC for first time, i haven't understand that you
> also have to add the server to the smbpasswd.
>
> BTW: Exists any documentation which points that?
documentation exists at my homepage under
http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng. Another point is, that the
windows nt workstation can't join the domain. This is not possible with
samba-2.0.6. Only windows 9X can join this domains. Look at my homepage,
to find out, what you need, to get this work.

Cu
--

Do you like Samba?
Do you know KSamba?