Roaming Profiles

Tavis Barr tavis at mahler.econ.columbia.edu
Sat Jan 8 22:15:10 GMT 2000

So what about 2.1?  Are you (plural) planning to create a stable release of
that, or is it simply being discontinued in favor of 3.0?

Curious,
Tavis

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> it's not ipc.c you need to change, it's rpc_server/srv_netlog.c.  and if
> you fix it, please feel free to publish it but please don't ask for it to
> be put into 2.0.7.
>
> the more people use 2.0.x as a PDC (unsupported and discouraged), the more
> traffic we will see on the lists "my pdc don't work now i upgraded to
> samba 3.0" when 3.0 is finally released.
>
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Giulio Orsero wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 9 Jan 2000 05:39:20 +1100, hai scritto:
> >
> > >this will be because 2.0.6 was never intended to be a PDC.  i actually
> > >removed the PDC code at one point, and jeremy put it back.
> > samba-2.0.5 worked.
> > But a change in ipc.c to make
> > net use h: /home
> > work, had the side-effect to make logon path ineffective.
> >
> > In samba < 2.0.6
> > net use h: /home
> > would map to the profile share
> > and logon path worked
> >
> > In samba 2.0.6
> > net use h: /home
> > correctly maps to the home share
> > but logon path doesn't work.
> >
> > --
> > giulioo at pobox.com

Tavis Barr                           ,-~~-.___.
Senior Systems Coordinator          / |  '     \
Institute for Social and Economic  (  )        0
   Theory and Research              \_/-, ,----'
509E Int'l Affairs Bldg                ====           //
Columbia University                   /  \-'~;    /~~~(O)
212-854-4237                         /  __/~|   /       |
tavis at mahler.econ.columbia.edu     =(  _____| (_________|