Roaming Profiles

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Sat Jan 8 19:46:44 GMT 2000

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000 06:37:24 +1100, hai scritto:

>it's not ipc.c you need to change, it's rpc_server/srv_netlog.c.  and if
>you fix it, please feel free to publish it but please don't ask for it to
>be put into 2.0.7.
I don't know c :-)
I say that's ipc.c because if you revert to the 2.0.5 ipc.c you get the
2.0.5 behavior (logon path and profiles ok, but net use /home not ok).
It was ipc.c that was touched to make "net use h: /home" work, changing
2 logon_path's into 2 logon_home's.

>the more people use 2.0.x as a PDC (unsupported and discouraged), the more
>traffic we will see on the lists "my pdc don't work now i upgraded to
Yes, I know your opinion about this :-)
I agree, but I think this issue is very simple to be solved in 2.0.7:
profiles are more important than "net use...", so it's just a matter of
editing 2 lines.

Ciao.

giulioo at pobox.com