Samba as PDC

Keith Lynn lynn at cis.usouthal.edu
Sat Jan 8 17:52:29 GMT 2000

I have had some success with multiple domains. I have three private
subnets and assigned an IP address out of each of these as an additional
IP address for the UNIX server. However, I am having trouble trying to get
the subnets to only view what they are supposed to see. That is, if I
start the first instance of smbd with the first conf file for the first
subnet, when I start the daemon for the second subnet it only sees what
the first one does. Is there a way to make these subnets see only what
they are supposed to see. The following are my two conf files.

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.245.222.25 (192.245.222.25)
# Date: 2000/01/04 17:14:29

# Global parameters
[global]
        netbios name = ITETEMP2
	workgroup = ITETEMP
	update encrypted = Yes
	wins support = Yes
        domain logons = Yes

        security = user

        os level = 34
        local master = yes
        preferred master = yes
        domain master = yes

        encrypt passwords = yes

        interfaces = 192.168.100.100/255.255.255.0 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0

[share]
        Comment = Share drive for FCE 19
        path = /ili2/labs/fce19/share
        read only = no

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.245.222.25 (192.245.222.25)
# Date: 2000/01/04 17:14:29

# Global parameters
[global]
        netbios name = SOPHOMORE2
	workgroup = SOPHOMORE1
	update encrypted = Yes
	wins support = Yes
        domain logons = Yes

        security = user

        os level = 34
        local master = yes
        preferred master = yes
        domain master = yes

        encrypt passwords = yes

        interfaces = 192.168.102.100/255.255.255.0 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0

[share]
        Comment = Share drive for FCE 21
        path = /ili2/labs/fce21/share
        read only = no

[freshmen]
        Comment = Freshmen drive for FCE 21
        path = /ili2/labs/freshmen
        read only = no

I want students to be able to log into these seperate domains and see the
shares that I have set up. If there is anything you can spot that I've
done wrong I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
              Keith Lynn