Adding Domain users to machine admin group

Russel H. Ingram ringram at acpl.lib.wy.us
Fri Jan 7 19:37:50 GMT 2000

I'm sure this has probably been answered at some point already, but I have
been searching through the list archives for a couple of hours now and
have not found a clear answer to my problem.

Here's my problem:

I want to add domain users to the local machine admin groups but not all
of my domain users will show up in the list of domain users when running
the workstation version of the User Manager.  All of my NT machines are
running 4.0 with SP5 and the Samba server (semi-emulating a PDC) is
running version 2.0.5a on RedHat Linux 6.0 for Intel.  To be just a little
more specific the User Manager can only see the first 15 users listed in
the smbpasswd file.

Is this a configuration problem or a limitaion of Samba?  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,

--Russ

Russel Ingram				     | Gargoyle
Network Manager, Albany County PublicLibrary | Linux.com, Support Staff
ringram at acpl.lib.wy.us			     | gargoyle at linux.com