Windows Login Test tools

Mayers, P J p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 19:32:59 GMT 2000

There are no such tools. If the PDC is a samba one, look in the log files.
If it's an NT one, then it's a little more difficult - try resetting the
users profile (delete everything in the profile directory), that's a common
one. Check NetBIOS and TCP/IP connectivity. Use a WINS server if you're not
already. Check that the PCs in the network are only running TCP/IP - IPX and
NetBEui complicate browser election.

I'm afraid "some such nonsense" is simply not good enough, even if they were
a non-technical user. What was the exact error message? Service packs at
each end?

I suspect it's profile related.

Cheers,
Phil