Profiles ... again

Phil Mayers p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 01:51:16 GMT 2000

I'm not really sure what your problem is. What is your smb.conf, and do
an 'ls -la' in the profiles directory.

Try creating a directory like this:

[root at gw profiles]# ls -la
total 3
drwxrwx---   3 nobody   users        1024 Sep 24 01:51 .
drwxr-xr-x   6 root     root         1024 Dec 11 19:35 ..

All users have permission to create directories - when they logon for
the first time, NT will use their local profile. When they log off,
their profile will be updated to the server (and the directory will be
created automatically, with the correct permissions).

Alternatively, create the directory, log onto the NT machine as LOCAL
admin, go control panel, system, profiles, Copy, browse to that
directory (making sure you connect to the server as the user, or adjust
unix permissions later on) and copy the profile that way.

Cheers,
Phil