Samba as an NT PDC

S. Striker s.striker at striker.nl
Thu Jan 6 22:20:26 GMT 2000

Hi,

>>> Omar Siam wrote:
>>> I wan tmore information about subject

>> Sander Striker wrote:
>> So read the documentation.
   <-- snap -->
>> PS. Blunt request, blunt reply

> Omar Siam wrote:
> What documentation are you talking about ? The man pages ? The
> samba-ntdom.txt which points out that you should subscribe to this list
> ?
> I had a samba PDC running about half a year ago. But when I tried to set
> up one short before Christmas I was completely lost.
> So read WHAT documentation ?

You could start with reading some back issues of the
Kernel Cousin for Samba. It's at http://kt.linuxcare.com/KC/samba/.
Furthermore Luke put a small readme on the changes with
a PDC in the CVS tree SAMBA_TNG. The file is source/README. ;)
The PDC code is now in a seperate branch (SAMBA_TNG), just so you know.
Also someone stated in this mailinglist that he would put up a
website when he got it working. Well he got it working alright,
but I haven't seen an url yet.

The only reason I snapped at you was because of the extremely short post
in the mailinglist; it only said:
 'I wan tmore information about subject'

Most of the time it is someone that is to lazy to do some research
and hasn't even checked out the docs/ directory of the samba
version they've got.

Greetings,

Sander Striker