NT 4 Server RAS access through SAMBA 2.06 PDC

Thomas Collison tomc at sosinet.com
Thu Jan 6 15:34:26 GMT 2000

	We are currently using SAMBA 2.06 as a login controller for our domain
logons, which works perfectly.  I have been trying to set up a NT server to
act as a RAS server for dialup connections.  The NT server can logon to the
SAMBA domain.  Whenever a dialup connection is attempted, the NT Server is
able to pass on the dialup logon connection to the SAMBA domain, but an
error occurs saying that the user does not have dialup privileges.  Of
course, if I add a user to the dialup server domain and logon through there,
there is a successful connection.
	I cannot use the *map commands in smb.conf because they are not recognized,
and havent found much information about the domain groups, admin users, and
admin group commands.  Can this even work in this configuration?  Or, do I
need to upgrade to the TNG code for this support?

Thank you in advance,
Thomas Collison