Readding Machine to the Domain

James Willard james at whispering.org
Wed Jan 5 18:25:54 GMT 2000

What version of Samba are you using? I too am having trouble adding a NT
workstation to my Samba-controlled domain. The two problems are probably
completely different, and I can get Samba 2.0.6 machines to join, just not
NTWS. It's most likely just my NT workstation that is having trouble (Anyone
else having trouble adding NT to domains in the current CVS?). I am using
the latest HEAD branch in CVS, TNG is too broken to touch right now :). I
believe you should use smbpasswd -a -m CAMP, not the $. What error messages
are you seeing? There is no need to reboot the PDC. At most would might need
to stop and restart smbd and nmbd.

James